In Sunday School yesterday, our instructor shared this quote with us and I just LOVE it!
“Please remember this one thing. If our lives and our faith are centered upon Jesus Christ and his restored gospel, nothing can ever go permanently wrong. On the other hand, if our lives are not centered on the Savior and his teachings, no other success can ever be permanently right.” President Howard W. Hunter
I think this might be my favorite quote. I love how it doesn't say that nothing will ever go wrong, just that nothing can ever go permanently wrong, as long as our faith is centered on the Savior.
I absolutely believe that this is true! I know that challenges happen, trials come, and bad times fall at our feet sometimes, but I also know that faith is the answer to all of it. Faith in a loving Heavenly Father and in the Plan of Salvation, faith in the Atonement and repentence, faith in the Holy Ghost and it's direction and comfort. If you hold onto that faith, then nothing can ever go permanently wrong.
Everything will work out. I believe that when we're trying to do what's right, when hard or bad things happen, if we remain faithful, they will work out for our good. They can become blessings for us. It doesn't make sense on paper maybe, but it works. It just does.
I think a lot of people give up. It's hard work to be faithful. It's hard to "endure" hardships. But taking the easy road isn't the answer. And no matter how much better/easier life may seem, "if our lives are not centered on the Savior and his teachings, no other success can ever be permanently right."
I've always been the type to wait to eat my dessert until after I finish my meal. If I have the choice, I'd like to hear the bad news before the good news. When I was little, I'd do my chores first thing in the morning so I could play the rest of the day. To me, it makes sense to endure the less pleasant stuff first, to get it out of the way, in order to benefit from the great blessings that will last for much longer. When I face hard times, I remind myself that this life is so short and eternity is so long. I'd rather go through challenges and struggle a little now, than to take the easy road during this short time period and have to endure the consequences for eternity.
Basically, it's better to do the tough stuff for a short time and have the good stuff for the rest of forever, than the other way around. Call me crazy, but that just makes sense to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment