Today Rori and I had a couple of errands to run and as we were running them, we had the My Turn on Earth CD on. Yeah, I know... so 70's. lol At one point, the song "Forever" came on.
Some dreams must wait, life isn't long enough.
Some dreams must wait to come true.
Sometimes it seems life just begins and then,
All of a sudden it's through.
There's songs you won't sing.
There's stories that you won't ever hear.
Pages you'll never turn,
Words that you'll never know,
Things that you never will learn.
Some dreams must wait, life isn't long enough.
Some dreams must wait to come true.
It's nice to know there's all eternity
For ev'rything you'd like to do.
There aren't any clocks.
There aren't anythings like calendars.
No such thing as too late,
Just always and ever more.
That's why I think it's so great.
That Heavenly Father and Mother
Figured it all out so clever.
There's never enough time,
And that is why I'm glad we go on forever.
(Repeat 1st verse)
And so I was listening to that song and those words and I started to think about life and death and forever... and I had a thought...
We've moved a lot since getting married. Big moves, like across the country moves. And it's hard; it's sad. It's hard to leave family and friends and go to a new place. But it's also exciting! It's fun to think of new starts, new friends, new experiences.
I believe in eternal life. That everyone - all of us - will continue to live even after we die. I also believe that it will be a full and wonderful and meaningful existence. I don't think we'll miss our earth life at all! We'll even get to spend that eternity with our loved ones. Yet, we (myself included) still feel nervous and apprehensive about dying.
So I started to think, what if I approached and considered dying kind of like the way I approach and think about a big move?
When I know we're moving somewhere, I do lots of research on the new place. I check out the housing market, the cost of living, the weather, the surrounding areas, etc. I learn about and make lists of places we should visit and things we should do in our new area. It helps me to feel even more excited and comfortable with the big change. So I thought about how I could do that here, while living this earthly life. How can I learn more about the new place I'll be going whenever it's time for me to move on? I think there are lots of ways, including scripture study, prayer, reading and listening to counsel and teachings from apostles and prophets, and even just participating in good discussions in Sunday School lessons that help me learn and understand gospel doctrine better.
The truth is, there isn't enough time for us here. There never will be. We won't get to do and experience everything we would like to - not in this life. But we don't only have this life - we can look forward to the rest of eternity, having forever to do everything we want and learn everything there is to learn. And that is so cool! It really IS exciting!
Sometimes I look at my family and think about how much I love them; so much more than this life will allow me to spend with them, so much more than this life will allow me to show them. So how cool is it that we will ALWAYS be a family, we will always be together. We have all of eternity to continue loving each other and just being together. I really cannot think of anything better than that!
That's why I think it's so great
That Heavenly Father and Mother
Figured it all out so clever.
There's never enough time,
And that is why I'm glad we go on forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment