Monday, February 16, 2009

Happy President's Day; it's not raining, let's go on a hike!

We love living here, have I mentioned that before? lol So this morning when it looked like a nice day, Blue and I decided we should take advantage of the holiday and good weather to take the kiddos out for a hike. To make it even more fun, we called a friend to invite her family along. Turns out she had been abandoned by her family as they were playing on Mt. Hood, so it worked out really nice. With her youngest in tow, we all headed into the gorge for a chilly but very enjoyable hike.

We went to my favorite hiking place: Horse Tail Falls. The first little bit is all uphill and makes you wonder why you ever thought this was a good idea to begin with, but eventually it evens out a bit and the rest is quite enjoyable. I love all the moss. Here, in the dead of winter, we were surrounded by green. It was really pretty. I love how alive the Northwest is, year round. :)

We hiked past PonyTail Falls and Oneida Falls before deciding it was time to turn around and head back. We ended up hiking for about 2.5 miles. Rori did really well and hiked almost the entire first half by herself. In fact, she actually hiked most of it, only allowing Daddy to carry her a couple of times. Big girl! :)

Here are some pics, scroll over the image for an option to pause the slideshow...
 

No comments: