Every year, Cadi's school has an event during the week of Valentine's Day called "Art from the Heart". The kids display art projects they've been working on. Last night we went to this year's event.
I forgot to take my camera. Oops.
Most of Cadi's classroom's projects were relating to the Coastal Indians. They made animals out of clay and painted them, painted and decorated boxes to look like totem poles, etc.
Next to the display, there was a map showing the Coast from Oregon up into Canada and indicating where different tribes are. I commented that I liked one of the kid's art pieces of a killerwhale pressed into tin and Acadia told me, "That's not a killer whale." I said, "It looks just like one..." She said, "It can't be, killer whales don't live there." ...
"Uh Cadi, WE went whale watching and saw killer whales in those very waters just a few years ago."
"...Oh yeah!"
lol
Anyhow, she did really well on her projects. One of they things they had worked on was writing a legend. When we get her's home, I'll have to post it; I thought it was really good. It explained why wolves howl at the moon. And I know you're all dying to find out the real reason! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment