Ryan joined the church 12 years ago today. Fittingly, Acadia's class talked about baptism. It was neat for her to come home and share what she learned about and then for us to be able to tell her that it was the anniversary of Daddy's baptism.
We sang "Happy Birthday" to his baptism day.
One year ago I wrote more about this important part of our family history. You can read about it here.
Tonight we are going to a fireside at church. The Sister Missionaries will be leading a discussion and answering questions. One of my Mia Maids who is just coming back to church is coming. She and her brothers came to church with us today. I hope her mom will come too. We have also invited the Reamer family and hope that they will come.
When I think about how much the Gospel has changed Ryan's life and therefore mine and Acadia's, I am reminded how important it is to try to share it with others. What if it could help benefit someone else's life just as much? And of course it can! We need to be willing and ready to share it with those who cross our way. And just think, someday it could be the 12 year anniversary of their baptism. They could come home from church and be able to tell their spouse and children of the difference it has made in their lives.
It could happen.
1 comment:
Eddie commented 3/14/05:
How neat. Seems he joined at the same time I did, my baptism anniversary date is January 31, and it's now been 12 years. Amazing how time flies.
I remember the day of my baptism, someone came up to me and said, "I joined the church 10 years ago, and [don't remember the rest, but it was probably something along the lines of "best decision I ever made]."
I just remember thinking, 10 years? Whoah, that's an eternity.
Post a Comment