Today I hit the gym...finally! It was the first time this week - and it's Friday! Eeks. Well, it's been crazy for me lately. Being sick, then catching up from being sick, plus regular stuff - life happens.
But I am realizing that I probably won't be at the gym every morning. I can accept that. I just need to adjust my workout schedule. I liked alternating upper body one day, lower body the next. Except that I like working the lower body best, so I always start with that. Then if I miss a day, I start with lower body again! For the last couple of weeks, I've only done lower body! :lol:
So, today I decided I just need to do the whole body every time I go. And my arms were in shock when I picked up those weights! Now I'm starting to feel them and my abs. I like it when you can feel the workout afterwards. It makes me feel good about going to the gym. As long as it's not painful - I don't think I went that far today. Just far enough. :thumb:
2 comments:
Miriam commented 3/7/08:
That's so good that you are working out. I need to start. I know I will feel so much better if I do. I am thinking about joining a gym.
But I'm also hoping that I get a job with SMUD, and if I do, they have an inexpensive gym for their employees. So I don't want make a long term commitment with any gym until I find out about the job.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how long it will be until I find out about the job. I have another test a week from tomorrow, and I don't know what happens after that. I hope I do well. (I need more money!)
I commented 3/7/05:
Most gyms will offer a free trial period. 24 Hour Fitness offered one on-line that gives you a 10 day pass for free. It will also give you a good idea of whether or not you like going to a gym and if it will be realistic for your schedule/lifestyle.
If you do go to 24 Hour Fitness for a trial, make sure you to go one of their big ones, check on-line where they tell you what each location offers. Go to one that has a pool/spa/sauna. Just so it's an option. During your trial period, you are limited to that one location. Once you join the gym, you can go to any location - even in other states.
If you get on with SMUD, that will be way cool. It will be super convenient and probably much more affordable. Good luck!
Post a Comment