Saturday, June 20, 2009

What's black and white, and red all over?

Cadi's Twilight Birthday Party, that's what!!!

Last night was Acadia's birthday party and we had so much fun!!! 

I had so much fun planning and preparing for it!  Cadi wanted the Twilight party but I think it was just as much fun for me as it was for her!  I even invited some of my girlfriends over to enjoy it with us, which Acadia certainly did not mind - she loves my friends, too. :)  I took lots of pictures and I'll share many of them, but I do not have permission to post my friends' pics or some of Cadi's friends' pics.  I do have permission to post Cadi's friends/our neighbors, Kaitlyn and Jessica though.   :)

I also have LOTS of pics of the decorations; I think we did a pretty good job. :)

But first, a quick recap of the night:

Like I posted earlier, Mother Nature helped to set the mood by creating a very "Forks" atmosphere.  And of course, the party took place during "twilight" hours. (6:30-9pm) lol 

(I told you I had fun planning this! lol)

When the guests first arrived, they had lots of fun, yummy, (and red) snacks to munch on while the Twilight Soundtrack played in the background.  Then we had our "Italiana" dinner... which was just pizza. lol  I couldn't get Cadi to let me make lasagna or spaghetti or raviolis or anything, so pizza it was.  Which is good because it was easy. lol  We played a couple of party games.  One was a word scramble and word search using Twilight names and words, the other game was a Trivia game that Cadi, Susan B., and I made up while getting our pedicures.  The order in which the girls placed for each game determined which order they would get to pick out some of the items going in their goodie bags.  I made little Twilight tote bags for each girl which included: a Twilight pen, some Starbursts (One of Cadi's favorite candies.), and then their choice of a Twilight book mark, and their choice of a little Twilight button pin.  Next we had yummy cake and ice cream, and finally we opened gifts.  One of the last gifts Cadi opened was a Twilight game we bought her.  While the girls waited for their parents to come get them, they had fun playing the Twilight game.

After the party, my friends visited for awhile longer, we laughed while a few of us (and by "us", I mean "not me") inhaled helium, and let the kids be a little wild and crazy.  Then when everyone else had left, our neighbors stayed and started watching Twilight with us.  It was getting late and everyone was tired, so they went home about half way through, but I let Cadi stay up (to 12:30!!!) watching the rest.  It was a super fun night for everyone! :)

Here are some of the pics (scroll over the pics to see options to pause the slideshow):

No comments: