An update on the potty drama:
For one whole month, Rori had a fear of pooping. It wasn't just about the potty chair, she was afraid to poop in her diaper, too. Finally, a few weeks ago, she started to poop without crying or screaming, and that was nice. It was in her diaper, but at least it was happening.
Then about a week and a half ago, she started with the crying/screaming again. This is SO. NOT. FUN.
I've decided that next week we are potty training. I'm sure it's not going to be as smooth as it was with Cadi. (Duh) But I really don't want to go another few weeks with her going on like she has. Since I've decided that next week is THE week, I started to prep her today. Everytime I've changed her diaper, we then go into the bathroom with her clean diaper on and sit on the potty chair. She doesn't want to do it, but as soon as she sits we sing a fun song and when the song is over she can get up. So far, everytime she has sat on the potty chair, she has peed in her diaper while we were singing. lol (I'm thinking I'll start to have her sit on the potty chair in her diaper BEFORE we change her. lol)
She obviously knows how this works. I just wish I knew why she is so afraid to actually go to the bathroom on the potty and also why she's afraid to poop at all. But we'll see. Maybe after a few days of going potty in her diaper while sitting on the potty, she will be more willing to transition to actually going to the bathroom IN the potty.
Yeah... well, wish us luck. :S
No comments:
Post a Comment