Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Randomness


•Rori had a rough morning yesterday. She kept fighting with Cadi and whining to me. Finally, after not eating her lunch, I told her that if she didn't want to eat, then she needed to just go lay down and take a nap. So, she did! Slept for two hours! And when she got up, she was MUCH better! :)

•Our friends/neighbors invited us for dinner and FHE last night. We had a lot of fun. Their oldest did a great job on the lesson. We really, really enjoy being neighbors with them. :)

•I read online today about a 9 year old boy surviving in the wilderness using tips he had learned from watching Man vs. Wild. I love that show! But sometimes I have to look away at some of the stuff he eats... or drinks. lol

•I also read that Ed McMahon died today. My first memory of him was not from the Tonight Show, but from a little TV special about Marine World Africa USA (A marine and land animal park in Vallejo, CA, before it turned into a Six Flags.) That TV special must have been about 20 years ago... at least. And that was enough for me to like him. :)

•Today I'm going to take the girls to the movies for free! Regal Cinemas has a great little "free summer film festival" for families. They show two family/kid movies each week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for free for both parents and kids. It's first come first seating though, so we'll be getting there a bit early. This week's choices at our theater are: Space Chimps and Madagascar 2. We'll be seeing Space Chimps. :) You should check to see if they have any theaters participating in your area.

No comments: