We had a really nice day at church. I love the first Sunday of the month! I love hearing the testimonies of those that I know and care about. I am grateful when I have the chance to share my own testimony because it really is so important to me and I know that when I share it, I strengthen it.
Today we heard wonderful testimonies. I don't know what I expected, I knew we would hear a lot of people share their feelings about President Hinckley but I guess I wasn't sure if that was going to be the overwhelming theme or not. It wasn't. And to be very honest, I am glad. You see, our church is not founded on any man - it is founded upon our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. And I know that MY testimony is based on Him, not any other person. I do have testimonies that certain people have been called of God to lead us and I have a testimony of the good things that they do and have done to further the work of the Gospel, but my testimony is based completely on the rock of our redeemer, Christ the Son of God. And I am grateful that I am surrounded by others who feel the same way.
We got home and I quickly fed the girls and put Rori down for her nap. I threw together a 7 Layer Dip to bring to our friends' house in a little bit and then I sat down to read my scriptures. I blogged last night that I've decided to take a 97 Day Challenge and I started that challenge today. I love reading the scriptures and I love how sometimes when I read, I just get carried away in them. I want to keep reading and before I know it, I've passed my stopping point for that day. There is no rule saying you can't read more and so sometimes I just go with it! I just continue on, reading and soaking up all the goodness that is contained in the words on those pages. It sure does bring a good spirit into my life and into our home.
And now after all that good church stuff, I'm going to become very irreverent. lol After I finished reading, I got changed, put on a Patriots jersey, talked to my FIL a little about the game (he's predicting a blow-out, I favor more of a solid win, not close like last time, but not a complete blowout like the games early in the season. I say it will be somewhere between a 7 to 10 point spread. But we all agree - it will definitely be a Pats win! lol), and now we're getting ready to go over to our friends' house to watch the game. I'm afraid there will be much loudness and I'm expecting to act a little unlady-like (jumping up and down, yelling at the ref, cheering loudly when we make great plays)... I'm afraid my mom would be very disappointed.
Just think of it this way: I am a very passionate person with more than one interest. I have my priorities, of which I hope that no one who knows me doubts what they are. First and foremost is God and my personal relationship with Him, followed by my family, and then by my church. After that, it's a free for all! I love (in no particular order): my friends, music, LOTR, killer whales, good food, and the Patriots! I will not skip church to attend a ball game and I will not cuss or use the Lord's name in vain while cheering, but I am sure looking forward to cheering on my team as they win the SuperBowl and make history today!!! lol
GO PATS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment