The past week has been crazy! We went down to Sacramento for Grandpa's funeral. There was alot to do to get ready for it. But in the end, the timing was good and we were able to spend a couple extra days while down there.
Unfortunately, we also had some set backs while down there too. Simon (the faithful, yet stupid dog) continues finding ways to injure himself and therefore making his and my life miserable. The newest attempt is with a large neck wound, most likely from the weeks of being in a cone to keep him from scratching his cheek and biting his tail. That neck wound became infected. Fun. I took him to the vet while in Sacramento and learned that dogs are money pits. Needless to say, to avoid the guilt of "putting him down", I opted to pay (I am now missing an arm and a leg) to have his neck and ears cleaned up. We now get the fun experience of flushing his ears...oh wait it gets better...and rubbing cream all over his infected neck wound. This would be fine as long as it made him heal and he would be back to his happy, healthy, still stupid self. But no. Simon is bound and determined to kill himself and probably me in the process.
He keeps scratching his neck. We can't put the cone on, it will cut the wound more. We've tried booties, he either takes them off or still manages to scratch with them on enough to do damage. We've even tried hog tying his hind legs. He can still reach to scratch while he's laying down, and his hind legs are starting to swell. I have no more ideas. I have to decide soon what to do.
Other than that, life is the same as always. I am taking Acadia to an allergist to get her tested. We want the medicine before we go down to Sac for Thanksgiving. Then I have a meeting tonight. We leave for Sac in just over a week. I am not ready! I need to get all my gifts ready, I'd like to finish my Christmas cards, I have a PartyLite show in a week, and I have my calling that is keeping me busy right now. We are planning our December Enrichment and a RS board dinner, both are pretty involved and take place within the first week of December.
So, I need to go get something done.
No comments:
Post a Comment