Sunday, November 28, 2004

I hate growing!!!

I'm on a roller coaster today. I was asked to serve in a new calling - one that frightens me even more than the Relief Society presidency did. I cried and cried, but said that if the bishop was asking me to serve there, I would.


Then I get home and call my RS president to cry to her. She was shocked. She said that she and the bishop talked this morning. Bishop told her their plans and she told him my schedule and that it really wouldn't work well. Once the bishop heard that Ryan's work schedule and my having a 5 year old would interfere with the new calling, he agreed with her.

So, am I supposed to be called or not? Did the Bishop change his mind again after talking to the RS pres, and decided to go ahead with the change? Or did he just not talk to his counselor in time before the calling was extended to me? I have no idea which way it will go.

The new calling would be extremely difficult and very "heavy". It would be even more responsiblity and much more time and work. But, I do believe that if that is where the Lord wants me, it would work out.

I do feel like I've finally learned how to do this current calling well. I have learned to delegate and "let go". I am enjoying just serving the Sisters the way the presidency needs to. I love being in Relief Society on Sundays. I do not want to be released! And that means that I probably am going to. I was hoping to have this calling for at least another year or so.

Why is it that some people get "stuck" in their callings for 5 years or more, when others get changed up every year? And why is it that the ones people are "stuck" in are the ones that are least desirable while if you are in a calling you love it is for such a short time?

I know, I know...It's the whole growing process. Once you've learned what you need, you move on to another challenge which will help you grow some more.

I HATE GROWING!!!

No comments: