Friday, November 26, 2004

Deck the Halls

Yeah! It's the day after Thanksgiving and you know what that means!!!


Acadia and I put up our tree first thing this morning. Well, I guess first thing this morning was a little later than usual. We got home about 5:40 am after driving through the night from Sacramento. We all went straight to bed for a few hours.

But Cadi and I were so excited to decorate, we got up around 9. Our tree is up and trimmed and we even have a few gifts under it already!

Other GREAT news! We got a good look at Simon's neck today...it's healed! There are a few scabs that are almost off, but the skin is very healthy! Yeah! Our puppy is going to be okay!!!

Well, the tree's done, but we've still got 3 nativity sets, countless candles, and a bunch of other holiday decoarations (including about half a dozen Christmas countdown items/advent calendars to set out). I guess I should get around to unpacking sometime today too...we'll see. :lol:

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 11/26/04:

Hooray for happy visits and safe arrivals home! Hooray for healing! Hooray for Christmas decorations! (you beat us! I am still "thinking" about it..)

I, too, am still "unpacking". I have emptied two or three bags, a couple of cardboard boxes and one ice chest of food, cooking utensils, etc. One ice chest is still full of turkey and stuff, but there is not much room in the fridge. I need to cut some turkey for sandwhiches soon. Followed closely by starting another pot of bones for soup. The left over green bean casserole will go in the soup, I think. Not much pie left. : ) Good breakfast.

Did I tell you how proud I was of you guys doin g the Run for the Hungry? Good for you. The guy at the dog park who called this the Weekend of Feasting and his wife did the 5K, too. I know them better as Scout and Dillon's people.

Have you shamed me into putting up our tree? I think i will go see how bad the living room is and then decide.