Sunday, September 26, 2004

The score is Me - 1 / Migraine - 2

Friday I had a terrible migraine that by the end of the day had wiped me out. Yesterday I felt one lingering, just waiting for an opportunity to jump in my face...but I managed to fight it off. However, today it was back with vengeance (possibly spurred on by the defeat it had yesterday) and it is definitely kicking my butt! I hate migraines!!! :mad:


To make matters worse...

Eleven months ago, our dog injured his tail. This injury took over 6 months to heal. For the last 5 months we have enjoyed coming home to a blood-free house. It has been nice to not have to worry about whether the dog had wagged his tail, spraying our walls, floors, furniture, etc. But today it all came back to us as we noticed that somehow he had reinjured his tail and this time we did not catch it quickly. So I just finished applying a stain remover to the many spots on my new furniture (okay the furniture is a year old, but it's still "new" to me!) and Ryan is now on his hands and knees cleaning the walls, floors, and anything else he finds with blood on it. We are trying to remind ourselves how much we love our dog...

Church was good today. We took our neighbor's children since they haven't been able to make it out lately. They seemed to have fun and behaved pretty well. Acadia finds it easier to forget the Sunday rules when her friends are with us, so we are working on that. But it is important for our friends to go to church and it is a good lesson for Cadi to learn how to behave even when there are distractions and temptations around.

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 9/26/04:

I keep writing comments and then losing them.

Your poor head!

Your poor house!

Your poor idiot dog!

My Anna has the thick Labrador otter tail. When she wags it, it is a weapon. When we see and hear it beating the furniture, we wonder that she is not in great pain. :lol:

I love you and I hope you feel better!

Sariah said...

I commented 9/26/04:

Simon's tail is most likely thinner than Anna's, but he wags his hard, fast, and often too! I have often wondered the same thing..if he was hurting himself as he bangs it into whatever he is standing near? I guess the answer is Yes, sometimes he does! It is not fun. Now we are looking at another LONG time before it is healed again.