Tuesday, September 28, 2004

It's time to party... Almost!

Yesterday we got alot done in the bathroom. We put down the flooring and put the toilet back. We also brought in the vanity and sink, installed the medicine cabinet, vanity lights, and an over the toilet cabinet. I also bought a really nice faucet.


Today I went to the temple and Ryan went to the gym. Now Ryan is at class in Portland. Tomorrow we should finish off the bathroom. (I keep saying that, don't I?) Well, we have been making great progress and I think that this project holds some kind of record for the being the fastest to complete! :lol:

I also had to postpone closing my candle show. I was waiting on one order and now I have it. So now I'm schedluled to close tomorrow afternoon. I defintely earned the starter kit for free, so I will be becoming a Partylite consultant. I'm excited. I am anxious to see if the candles sell better than the stamps did. I think I already know the answer to that, but even if they don't I'll get a discount for awhile. Even if I don't make quotas, I can remain "dormant" for up to 2 years before Partylite cuts me loose. So I can pick it up again later if it doesn't work now and I won't even need to buy a new starter kit. (I would probably need to upgrade a few things though!)

Partylite encourages new recruits to hold 6 shows to "start your business". I have 4 people who have told me they would have one. The rules are the same as with Stampin' Up!, there are no boundaries and I can hold shows or catalog shows anywhere. So... let me know if you would like to "help support me" by holding a show. I am hoping we can come down to Sacramento the week of Thanksgiving so I could bring candles with me to display. Or I can mail down catalogs to someone interested in holding a catalog show. But no pressure! (I know Ruth just had a show earlier this year AND we have a cousin that sells down there already...I wouldn't want to take away her current customers.) I am going to ask a few more people around here to do a show for me and hopefully that will meet my goal of 6. (You do get a nice bonus when you hold your first 6 shows.)

So I was thinking about changing my "sariahstamper" e-mail address to "stamperscandles" instead. Technically, I am still a SU! demonstrator (though I don't know for how much longer.) and I want to reflect both. Even when I don't sell stamps anymore, I will always be stamper, stamping for fun. What do you think?

While you are thinking...I need to go get something made for dinner. See Ya!

2 comments:

Sariah said...

Mom commented 9/28/04:

Wouldn't you know I read it stamperSCANDALS! Other than that I guess a name change would be fine. :lol:

Good luck with your Partylite, but I don't think I will be booking anytime soon. IF I did, it would definitely be with you.

With Mt. St. Helen's shaking herself up, you want to come down and visit for a while NOW? I know they say that IF she blows it won't be as big as last time, but last time they got it completely wrong and didn't think she would blow at all when she did, didn't they?

Sariah said...

I commented 9/28/04:

I am not worried about it at all. They have had similar things occur before. I think she's just working on building up that lava dome.