From the moment I get up, I'm being told to stay in bed while they bring me breakfast. And with breakfast, they always bring in homemade cards and gifts and I love it! I especially love that as the girls get older, these cards and gifts are completely from them, their words, their ideas, their creativity. Ryan did give me some fudge this year, with this cute little note:
Your love for me and the children is like fudge. Sometimes soft, sometimes hard, but always sweet (and a little nutty).
LOL I loved it!
I really enjoyed the talks in church about motherhood. I especially appreciated the thoughts that motherhood is not just bearing children; that all can mother. There are many who love and nurture those around them and they should be honored, too. And I am reminded that I am not to mother only my children, but others as well. I am grateful for all who help to mother my kids. It is comforting to know that there are others who care and are interested in them and in helping them to be happy, healthy, safe, and successful.
After church, Ryan went to visit an older sister in our ward (that he Home Teaches) who has been in the hospital with some painful health problems. He was concerned about her spending Mother's Day alone in a hospital room. Initially we were all going to go with him, but it worked out better for him to take along his companion so they could administer to her while the girls and I phoned the moms/grandmas and prepared to spend the evening at my aunt's house. I was touched that he was careful to take her some chocolate and a flower. He is so thoughtful that way. :) And, he was also careful to be back in time for dinner with family. :)
Our evening at my aunt's house was fun, as always! We surprised her - she didn't know we would be coming over! But her kids had asked us to and they prepared the house and food for company. It was a good surprise, she loved it! :)
I forgot my camera, but I stole some of the pics from Sami's camera:
And watch this funny video that Matthew took:
LOL... we always have fun with them! I just wish I had thought to tell Sami to take a picture of her mom and I. And one of me and my girls. :S Well, that's what I get for taking my little camera break. ;)
I am grateful for my mother. I am grateful for the example she has always been to me throughout my life. And I'm grateful for the lessons that I continue to learn from her - whether it is me reflecting back on things she taught while I was younger, or things I learn from her now. I hope she knows how much she is loved and valued by her children. :)
I am especially grateful to be a mother. It is not an easy job and I sometimes get very tired of the mundane tasks and responsibilities, but I love my girls and I love that I get to be the one who raises them. I love that they want ME. They are so good to me. It makes me want to be a better mom for them. I love them so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment