Rori has been sick for the last couple of days. Poor girl. :( Yesterday, as she lay on the couch with her head in my lap, I asked, "Is it boring to be here with Mom? Wouldn't you like to be at school?"
And she said, "Yes"...!!!
lol I shouldn't be surprised. It is no fun to be sick, even if it does allow you to lay around all day watching TV and sipping juice and soda.
After that, I asked her if she missed school and she said, "I miss Shakira." (Her BFF.)
This morning, Rori woke up fever-free and feeling great! It is only a short school day and with her feeling better than she's felt all week, I happily sent her off to school.
Her wish came true!
And my prayers were answered!
Ryan and I have an appointment to do some work at the temple later today, in preparation for my trip home this weekend. I had arranged for a friend to watch Rori but with her being sick, I couldn't ask my friend, or anyone, to do that, so Acadia volunteered to stay home - even though it would mean missing a YW activity that she wanted to go to. I was glad to know that the work would still get done (I want to have family names ready for everyone who will be going this Saturday.) but felt bad that Cadi would have to miss YW.
But now, with Rori well again, everyone is happy! My friend is fine with Rori coming over still, Cadi gets to go to her activity, and Ryan and I get to do the work that I need to have finished by this weekend.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment