Last month I went to Women's Conference with my BFF. We drove all day to get there, had a wonderful time, then drove all day to get back. I love Women's Conference! And in past years, I've taken loads of photos while I was there. This year... not so much. I even forgot to take my camera with me the first day. The next day I took two pictures. I'm not sure why I haven't been in the photo taking mood lately, perhaps it is because I feel so behind on the photos I've already taken. :S Well, photos or not, Women's Conference was wonderful! I love going and sharing it with good friends. I love feeling uplifted and inspired. I always pray that the motivation I feel to be a much better person stays with me. This time, as always, most of it faded after a few days, but there are a few things that have stuck, for which I am thankful. I just want to be better. I just want to be more Christ-like. I've got a long way to go, but each baby step closer is progress. :)
Spring has arrived and now Summer is fast on her heels!!! It has been beautiful lately. And now we're bordering on hot. It has been great to spend lots of time out in the yard. I went to the nursery a couple of times last week - it is always fun to buy new flower/plants and then watch them grow in my yard. I planted the planters on my back deck, hung baskets, put some more flowers in the ground. Now I need to get my vegetable gardens ready for planting. That is this week's project.
Speaking of growing things... My oldest daughter is growing! She will be a teenager in just one month!!! Last month, she shaved her legs for the first time! Eeks!!! And yesterday, we discovered that the long awaited day has arrived - she is now taller than I. She was THRILLED! I was sad. I knew it was coming, I just was hoping it wouldn't. :S
Something she wasn't so thrilled about... the braces are back! Acadia is now a Brace Face again. This bout will be a bit longer than last time, and it will eventually be the complete upper and lower deal. Currently, we are waiting for a couple more teeth to come out on the lowers, so she only has braces on her uppers, but it is just a matter of time. ;) She is a really good sport about it though, and I think she's cute with braces.
So those are just a few of the things that have been going on around here. I do still have a couple of other things to update on, but they will probably be their own posts, and coming soon. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment