Thursday, May 24, 2012

Spring Showcase

Last night was Cadi's school's Spring Showcase, which is pretty much a big open house.  Cadi's orchestra performed during a portion of it.  I find these showcases a bit frustrating because the kids are performing, but it's not a "concert", so there is a definitely lack of concert etiquette.  People are up, walking around, talking - LOUDLY.  It's frustrating for those of us who really are there to hear the kids, there are some parts we couldn't hear at all because of the noise.  :S

So... try not to mind all the background noise and chatter too much... but if you can't, I don't blame you.  I couldn't either.

They still sounded pretty good though! :)  Especially considering they were performing some pretty difficult pieces for the first time.  The last one, in particular, I find pretty impressive, even though they do still have a bit of work to do on it.  :)

Acadia is a little hard to spot.  She is currently 2nd chair, so she can be found sitting in the front row of the violins (just to the left of the conductor), just one seat in.



P.S. Also don't mind the lesser video quality this time. I realized too late that my camcorder batteries were all dead so we had to use my camera - which is still really good, but not HD quality.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That is frustrating about the noise. They did great, though.
We used to have that in our ward. They would only have the kids do prelude music, but it was hard see them and hear them because people would be talking and standing up and visiting with others. I completely understand your frustration.

Sariah said...

Thanks. :)

I think etiquette is seriously lacking in our society. It's sad. :(