I flew out to Sacramento last Friday so I could be there that weekend with my family as my brother attended the temple in preparation to serve his mission later this year. I don't usually get to make a trip home by myself but it just worked out that way this time. It was a great visit, though short, and I'm so glad I was able to go!
Saturday was a beautiful day! It was sunny, warm, and gorgeous. But it was also beautiful in other ways, too. In addition to being there with Ben, each of our family members took a family name through the temple with us. Then, after having a quick lunch, we all went back in and spent a few more hours, performing many ordinances, going from start to finish. It was such a great experience!
At the end of the day, I counted all of the ordinances that we had just completed from our own family history files and found that together, we had performed 106 ordinances! What a great day!!!
On Sunday, we gathered at my great-aunt and uncle's home for dinner. It was during the eclipse and we were able to enjoy it together. It was super cool - none of us had experienced anything like it before! We started out with the piece of paper that had a hole punched in it, but quickly noticed that we could see the eclipse through ANY object that had an opening for sun to come through. We used our hands, saw the eclipse through shadows of tree branches, etc. It was just really neat!
Here are my aunt and uncle. My uncle's health has been rocky lately, but we are so glad that he is doing better now. Still, if you ask him how he's doing, he loves to put his arm up to his head and say, "I haven't been well." He is such a character!
It was such a quick visit but also such a great one! I had a wonderful time with family and loved every moment of it. I also loved coming back home to my own family, especially when I found that they had kept up with the housework and even did some laundry. Awesome! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment