Tuesday, April 4, 2006

What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday was a really nice day.  It was pleasant much of the day, then had a great rainshower, which was followed by some bright sun shining through the gray clouds.  I thought it was just beautiful so I took this picture which also shows the budding apple/pear tree in our backyard...



But then today came!  And this was the same view this afternoon...




So beautiful!!!  So, we decided to head into the Gorge to enjoy the lovely weather.  We didn't go all the way in like we normally do.  Instead, we stopped at some of the viewpoints that come right before you enter.  Here are some pics...





Oh, yes... Acadia had her hair put in curlers after her bath last night, so today she was curly-locks. Very cute!

3 comments:

Sariah said...

Barbara commented 4/5/06:

Acadia is looking so grown-up!
The gorge pictures are so lovely.

Here in sunny Sacramento we are breaking records for consecutive days of rain. The most on record for March and not a break in sight. We are hearing quite a bit about depression and flood worries. How ironic the California is in the grip of rain while the Pacific Northwest bathes in sunshine. So far, no roof leaks! ; )

Sariah said...

4/5/06:

I've been hearing about the flooding on the news. :( We had our share of consecutive rain days earlier this year. We had 42 our of 44 days with rain and we reached 280% of our normal rainfall! We still have showers but with plenty of breaks. This is the way I like it.
Hope you stay afloat!

Sariah said...

Natalie commented 4/7/06:

Oh, the pictures are gorgeous! (Get it? "Gorge-ous") I've had a hankering to move away to somewhere sunny, but these pics have me thinking, "What was I thinking?" :) I wish we had more time to do stuff like you're doing. I think it's awesome.