Today's sessions of General Conference were awesome! I just loved all of the talks, they were GREAT! Ryan felt the same way, we are thinking about getting them on DVD when they are available. It was just that good.
The only part that I'm a little bummed about is that we didn't get to hear very much from President Hinckley. He is getting old and is still recovering from his recent surgery for stomach cancer. It is sad that he may not have much time left with us. He says that he looks forward to addressing us in October - I hope that is true! But, at the same time I feel guilty and selfish for wanting him to stay with us. Even though he has always been extremely healthy, he IS getting old - his body is tired. And he misses Sister Hinckley so much! Sooner or later, he is going to leave us and be reunited with her - and it may be sooner than any of us want. That will be a sad day for us, but a happy day for them.
But, I did appreciate what we did hear from him. It was amazing to realize all that he has been able to do! And I felt the spirit strongly when he said that he wanted all of us to hear him bear witness on this Sabbath day of the Gospel - that it is God's work.
And so ends this conference. To be continued in 6 more months.
No comments:
Post a Comment