I hate sleepless nights!!! Last night was pretty bad. I tossed and turned. I ended up laying there awake for half of it, at least. UGH. Not fun... and it made today (at least parts of it) not fun too. :(
And my poor husband - I think it was because of me that he didn't sleep well either. Sorry babe!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryan and I took Simon for a walk this morning in the park behind our house. For (forever it seems) the last several months, I don't really know for sure how long... they have been really working on the marshes/park behind our house. They made a nice, paved trail and they've been improving the marshes themselves too, by planting new trees and cleaning up the area. We hadn't really gone out to check out the new trail yet, but this morning just seemed to be the day to do it.
It is really nice! I wouldn't go alone or let Cadi go with friends, she would have to have an adult with her. There are mostly areas that seem quite secluded, which make it beautiful and peaceful, but makes my paranoid mind think... 'someone could grab a person, pull them into the brush, and no one would know'... So yeah, I'll probably only go with another adult... and my cell phone... and the dog... and maybe some mace... lol. (Did I menton that I'm paranoid?!? Hey - I'd rather be paranoid than dead!)
I still plan on doing most of my workouts at the gym, but maybe once or twice a week I'll walk there instead. (If I can get Ryan or another "adult" to go with me, lol.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beckie thinks if I'm going to "manipulate myself" then I need to add one more thing to my list of goals: Post daily! She says that the only problem she has with my new rules is that I haven't been updating here as much. Yeah, I did miss a couple of days... sorry!
It wasn't because I hadn't cleaned the house yet, honest! Really, it was just busy days! I have been super busy lately for some reason. But I will make an effort... Just for you Beckie... because I love you... :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TWO WHEELS!!!
Acadia had Ryan take off her training wheels today. I have been dreading this day (which is why it has taken so long to have her do it). All the crashing, and the crying, and the bleeding... But today the training wheels came off, she got on her bike, and she rode it NO PROBLEM around the corner into the culdesac, going in circles, turning around in driveways... as if she'd been riding without training wheels forever! I guess you could say she was ready!
Isn't it crazy what things we worry and fret over, and then they end up being (literally) NOTHING?!?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yet another goal... Ryan thinks I'm crazy, lol, but I've set a goal to memorize The Family: A Proclamation to the World as a YW value project. I've gotten the first three paragraphs down, but that only puts me about 1/3 of the way there. I know I can do it, it will just take alot of time.
I like when I'm trying to memorize something like this. Whenever I have a free or quiet minute, (or even when I'm just folding laundry, doing dishes, or driving in the car) I repeat what I'm memorizing over and over in my head. Really, how many better things can you constantly have running through your head than words from the leaders of our church proclaiming the divine role of families, and reminding me of my important role in mine?
So, who's crazy now? Huh, Ryan?!? lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, enough randomness for now... I'm off to bed and for, what I HOPE, is a much better night's sleep than last night's!!!
5 comments:
Barbara commented 4/26/06:
What I like about sleepless nights - a chance to get on the computer! - like now. But I won't stay on for more than an hour or so. If I can't sleep after that, that's bad! It does happen sometimes. No fun.
My dog's bigger than your dog, so I would probably go walking with just my dog. In fact, an early morning dog park lady I met on Sunday who usually comes and goes on weekdays before I do worries about the homeless people that sometimes camp in other parts of Granite Regional Park. I don't think she need be too concerned with Brutus as her companion. I think Anna would deter most people from trying anything.
Thanks Beckie! I am glad you will to try to post more often, although I have no room to talk.
Congratulations to Acadia! I remember that I kept having trouble and I think even crashing UNTIL they took my training wheels off. Then I did fine. mostly.
Congratulations on your memorization goal. A worthy aspiration I don't think I will join you in it right now,though. I am not so ambitious.
Sleep well!
Miriam commented 4/26/06:
That's lame about not being able to sleep. I had a little trouble going to sleep last night and then I woke up in the middle of the night, too. My joints were bothering me. But I was able to sleep for most of the night, and I feel much better than I did at 4am. :)
That's nice that they are trying to make the park a nicer place. Good for you for being careful. Too bad there are lame people in the world - they make things a lot more complicated.
Yea for Acadia!
That is a good goal. I remember noticing one time that in recommended programs of study from the church (seminary, YW goals, missionary studies) rememorization is a common aspect. Hmm, I guess the Lord thinks this is a good way for us to study and learn. :) -- I'm not good at doing it right now, but I think that it is something that is good for us to do. I think you are right about having it in your thoughts. I should pick something, but I don't think I will try something that long!
4/26/06:
Miriam, How about memorizing all of the verses to a favorite hymn? Or the scripture reference(s) that go with it? That would be a bit easier, I bet. lol
Ruth commented 4/27/06:
Sometime I want to rememorize all the Articles of Faith. Had to do it when I was 12, but I'm not so good anymore.
Miriam commented 4/27/06:
I've thought about going back to Seminary or Missionary scriptures or the Articles of Faith. I don't know if I still have the lists for the seminary ones though.
I used to have all the Articles of Faith memorized very well. Now I can at least remember what each one is about, but I'm sure I can't do them word for word anymore.
For YW I memorized ALL Seven verses of A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief. Songs are a lot easier to memorize. (Although, I do find myself mixing up verses sometimes if I don't have a book.)
I remember passing off a Young Woman goal of memorizing the Sacramental Prayer Scriptures to Sue Altop at the church one day. When I was finished, she said that James Clamp was standing behind me with an amazed expression like he wished the Young Men could do it as easily. Of course, if I was in front of the whole congregation performing a ceremony, instead of just reciting a scripture to my YW leader, I think I would have been less sure of myself.
Post a Comment