This morning I awoke to, "Mom, get me tissue! I have a bloody nose!"
Joy. It was not much, just a little bit and she was fine. But what a way to start your day. (It could have been worse...)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday afternoon there was a breaking story all over our news. A little girl had been taken off her bicycle and pulled into a car that sped away. This all took place at a busy intersection in town. The witness said that the car was a newer yellow VW beetle with temporary plates. She described the girl and what she could see of the man in the car. All that was left at the scene was her bicycle. But the witness could not tell which way the car went from that intersection - there was an overpass just past the intersection and the driver could have easily gotten on it in either direction.
Well, of course the police responded immediately! All yellow VWs were checked out, an Amber Alert was issued, the TV and radio stations were broadcasting all the info they had, businesses in the area were contacted to see if they had surveillance tapes that might show something, car dealerships all over were being asked to give the police info of all sales of yellow VW beetles in the last month, etc. There were no other witnesses to the actual kidnapping, though there was at least one person who noticed something going on - but she was looking at another car, not the yellow VW.
I made Ryan take my cell phone to class that evening just in case he saw a yellow VW so he could call it in. As of last night, nobody had found anything.
This morning I checked the news first thing (well, first thing AFTER the nosebleed, lol) - now the police are doubting the witness. For one - it happened at a very busy intersection, right outside of a restaurant and across the street from a police station - yet NO ONE ELSE saw it happen. And two - no one had reported a child missing yet. At first, they assumed the parents just didn't realize their child was missing yet. But by this morning, STILL no reports of a missing 9 - 10 year old girl.
I just hope that the police are right - that this lady made up the kidnapping. I hope that for the sake of the supposed little girl. I would rather learn that some crazy lady made it all up than to think this little girl is in danger somewhere and no one has even missed her. :( If this lady is making it up - she's going to be in tons of trouble! They had cops and helicopters all over town, they had the police in nearby cities looking too. This includes two states that spent time and money to look for the car and missing girl. That's not going to be a cheap bill when they hold her responsible!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My dog is a cry-baby. Here we have had two glorious days - temps in the mid to upper 60's. Just beautiful! So, when the dog needed to go out earlier, I left him out. I did it yesterday too. Instead of finding a nice warm patch of sun to take a nap in... instead of exploring the yard that he as spent so little time in this winter... instead of just sitting on the deck enjoying the fresh air and spring weather... THE DUMB DOG BARKED and barked and barked, begging to be let in.
Nope.
I left him out there. Fresh air never hurt nobody - including dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment