Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Month of Thanksgiving Day 13

I am thankful for the opportunity to serve.  I admit, I don't always feel this way.  Sometimes I grumble and complain a little, but I always want to want to serve, if that makes sense.  I'm just still learning how to get from wanting to want to serve to actually wanting to serve all the time.  lol

Today, we had fantastic talks in church and one in particular really made me feel like trying harder and being better.  I felt motivated, inspired, and encouraged.  I felt the desire to serve more, serve better. 

When I was released as Relief Society president earlier this year, I was given a long break.  I wasn't called to my current calling for about 3 months and by the time I was finally called, I was SO READY for a calling!  I was tired of not serving.  It didn't feel right.  It wasn't right.  I knew I could do service without a calling, but I wanted to have a calling and an assignment.  Sometimes, whether due to health or other reasons, a person just can't serve and I know it wears on them.  I have heard people plead for a way to offer service.  So, I know that being able to serve is another one of those blessings we take for granted.  It really is a blessing, something that is good for us, benefits us, and something we should be grateful for.

Today, my oldest received her first calling in the church.  She was set apart as the 1st Counselor in the Beehive presidency in YW.  I'm excited for her as she begins her life of service in the church.  I know it will sometimes be hard and tiring, but I also know it will be very rewarding and often times, very fun.  I am grateful for the opportunity that she has to serve, even at her young age.

No comments: