As I mentioned at the start of the month, these are in no particular order. If they were, this would have been among the first 3 days. Today, I want to share how grateful I am for my kids.
Everyone thinks their own kids are the best. And everyone would be right. And so I know I'm right when I say that I really do have the best kids! I am so thankful to be their mom and that they are here with us, blessing and enriching our lives daily.
We have been spoiled by Acadia. Cadi is so good. She just is purely good. She isn't perfect, but she is sincere, honest, obedient, faithful, smart, and ... well, really, really easy. I am sure that she is the reason why I still have my natural hair color. It has been so easy with her. She wants to make good choices. Sometimes she makes mistakes, but she always tries to do what is best. That being said, her room is almost always a mess and I usually have to remind her at least once a day to practice the piano and violin. ;)
Aurora is not as easy, but she is still really, really good. She started out a little wild but is becoming a bit more tame as she grows. She loves to learn and do. She is always busy. But she also loves to help and she still asks to cuddle with me so I know she's not entirely ready to grow up yet. I don't her to grow all the way up yet, so that is good. I tend to have more patience with Rori but that is probably because I need to. And it is also probably because I'm older and wiser now, too.
I love both of my girls so much. Acadia is my Mini Me, but better. She is who I wish I had always been. She teaches me a lot and she is a testimony to me of how strong these spirits are that our Heavenly Father is sending to the earth right now. Aurora is my saving grace. She saved me and I know it. I didn't know how much I needed her until they placed her in my arms the moment she was born. Her spirit is strong, too. It is my deepest desire for her to direct her path to the right course. We have been doing all we can to help her do that but we know that eventually it will be up to her. I see glimmers of her future and I know she wants to be good and happy. I just hope and pray that all that we do for and with the girls will be enough for them to want to choose the right.
Ryan is the single most important person to me on this earth, but these two girls are right behind him. I cannot imagine eternity without them, either. And all I want is for us to be able to achieve that together. In the meantime, I am so grateful that they are apart of our family. They make life extra fun and meaningful and it truly is such a joy to raise them and watch them grow. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment