Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Through thick and thin, we are always stronger when we're together.

One year ago yesterday, I received for my birthday two friendship bracelets from a sweet young lady that I know.  She intentionally made one blue, representing Ryan, and one green, representing me.  She had made me friendship bracelets before and I had them tied to my wrist and left them there until they fell off - always within 2-3 weeks.  This time, since there were two, I had them tied together with one knot.  We were about to leave for the beach for several days and I wasn't sure they'd last.  If they somehow did manage to stay on, and hang on for another couple of weeks, they would surely fall off during our second week-long beach trip scheduled for the next month.

Shocked, I continued to wear these two bracelets for days... weeks... months!  I blogged about it in October last year for our anniversary, including my theory and a little photo montage of Ryan and I thru the years.  Yesterday, one year after being tied on, they were still there, faithfully tied together and secure on my wrist.  I decided to cut them off.  I have loved looking at these two bracelets for the past year.  I love what they represent to me.  And I want to hold onto that forever.  So I've saved them as a reminder of just how strong we are and how much we can go through when we stick together, supporting one another, holding onto each other, and just being each other's best friend. 

No comments: