Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's my birthday!

It's been a great day!  I don't ever expect much for my birthday because Ryan usually works and I am content with just having a relaxing day.  But then all sorts of fun surprises pop up out off nowhere and I always end up feeling so loved and blessed. :)

It all began exceptionally early.  I woke up at 3:45 am!!!  Not intentionally.  At first I really didn't think it was fair, but then I realized that it was a great gift from my Heavenly Father: about 3 hours of peace and quiet before the rest of the house got up.  Wonderful!  And then, I heard the rain and knew that Heavenly Father was also watering my garden for me!  Doubly wonderful!  Whenever my husband or kids asked me what I wanted, I told them one thing: I just don't want to have to do any chores!  I knew my family would probably help me out with the house, but I assumed I would still need to make sure my garden was cared for.  But Heavenly Father took care of that for me, so I got the whole day off! :)

At 7am, my aunt knocked on my door to take me out to an early breakfast.  It was so great to visit with her and hang out, just the two of us.   I was touched when she admitted that she isn't a morning person, but that she loves to take her kids out early for breakfast on their birthdays.  It was a sincere act of kindness and love and I felt so special that she would want to do it for me! 

When I came home, I found that Acadia and Aurora had cheerfully done some chores and had made some other birthday surprises for me.  Rori gave me her homemade card right away, but Cadi waited until later.  Cadi volunteered to watch Rori for me again while I went out shopping with Susan.  We went to Kohls.  Have I mentioned how much I LOVE Kohls?  Well, Kohls loves me, too!  They gave me these for my birthday!


Hello!  SUPER CUTE!!!  I love them!!!  I did have to pay a teeny bit, but after using the discount and gift card in the mail, plus another gift card that they really did send for my birthday, I brought the price down to about $6 - after tax!  Not too shabby.  I can't wait to wear them! :D

The rest of my afternoon was quiet and lazy.  Then Ryan surprised me by coming home from work early!  Acadia gave me her homemade card plus 3 watercolor paintings that she made for me.  My favorite is the one on the top:


We ate one of my favorite homemade soups that I had simmering in the crockpot all day, and finished it all off with some strawberries and cream ice cream cake and a few more birthday gifts.   It has been a fantastic day, full of love, smiles, and surprises.  Just what every birthday should be filled with. :)

No comments: