Tuesday, July 21, 2009We had another fun day today. It was kind of a lazy morning; we just got up whenever we woke up, which for me was when Rori woke up. ;) She slept until 7:30, so that was okay, especially since she slept the whole night without having to get up to go potty. I had been worried before this trip that the change and excitement might mess up her potty progress, but so far that has not been the case! (Yay!) She has kept herself clean and dry the whole time, even when we were out at the beach or in town shopping, she has been able to hold it until we made it back to a restroom. *knock on wood*Once we got our acts together, we headed into town again. Cadi had a flip flop become just a flop and we wanted to get her new ones and my friend didn’t have a sweatshirt to match her shorts, so she wanted a new one too. Hey, if it sounds like a good enough of an excuse to go shopping, we will use it, right ladies? ;) The shopping part of the trip was pretty quick. Cadi didn’t find flip flops that she liked and I didn’t really care because I had an extra pair she could (and was at the time) use anyway. After Susan got a new sweatshirt, we took the kids to the beach to see a partial whale skeleton that has been preserved on the sand dunes. Super exciting stuff, I know. ;) As we were leaving to go back home for lunch, we saw a mommy and baby dear grazing in the grass in the dunes. Rori was very excited to see “Bambi”. lolSince Susan had just bought another sweatshirt, the weather decided to warm up. It was so warm, we were all getting too hot in our sweatshirts. We were very excited that we’d have a warm afternoon at the beach! We hurried home to eat lunch and get changed. It wasn’t more than an hour later, we headed to the beach in our suits and with our toys to dig in the sand, and we noticed… it wasn’t quite warm anymore. What had been clear was now misty. We were bummed. But we still went down to the beach and played anyway. The kids even got wet still. (Surprise, surprise. lol)After playing for a couple of hours, we collected driftwood for tonight’s fire and headed back. We roasted hotdogs for dinner and then marshmallows, of course. Then the games began. We played Phase 10, Skip Bo, and “The Question Game” (which was quite entertaining and had us laughing a lot). Eventually, we realized we were all getting a bit too loopy, and Susan and I noticed the kids must have been tired because they didn’t even argue when we said it was time for bed. lol The house is quiet now and I’m about ready to turn in, too. I’m hoping for another uninterrupted night of sleep again and another full day of fun tomorrow. I miss my Blue, but I’m still having a great time! :)
Friday, July 31, 2009
Long Beach Day Two
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment