And I LOVE IT!!!
For awhile now, I've been wanting to landscape our yards and the first thing I want to do is plant a pink flowering dogwood tree. Ryan's not agaist the idea, though he has been telling me that he wanted to wait before we did anything, which was fine with me because I hear fall is the best time to plant new things. So, I was very surprised when we opened the door to go to church this morning and I found this:
(Of course, it's not flowering right now, but trust me, come next spring, this tree is going to be beyond gorgeous!)
In fact, in the back of this pic, you can see the tall tree in the front of our yard, that's where this baby's going. We've made the final decision to cut down our confused cherry tree and plant my dogwood in it's place.
Prior to this moment, the girls had given me their gifts. Rori gave me a chocolate bar and Acadia gave me this:
I like it a lot and received lots of compliments on it at church. It means even more after I found my tree on the doorstep. This necklace and that tree will always remind me of my awesome family and how much I love them. It'll be our own little family tree. :)
Ryan and the girls had made me breakfast this morning and for dinner, we had a frozen lasagna so I didn't have to do any work. :) Of course, we had to have cake! And because I can, I had purchased an ice cream cake. YUM! We sat down with our ice cream cake and watched LOTR together... it was a great birthday! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment