Wednesday, October 22, 2008

An Update on Acadia's Teeth

Cadi's appointment will be tomorrow at noon. If you remember it, could you please keep her in your prayers? Ryan will give her a Father's Blessing tonight but the more prayers and good thoughts, the better. I know she'll be a bit nervous. And to be honest, I am too.

Let me tell you why...

As I mentioned in my previous post, I had two baby teeth pulled when I was about her age, maybe a year older. On the way to the dentist, I was so nervous that I was shaking. I kept telling my mom that my teeth were "shattering" and she kept correcting me, saying that they were "chattering", not "shattering". But it turns out I was right because while pulling one of my teeth, part of it broke off in my gums. Apparently, the dentist had to dig in there for a good 45 minutes to get all the pieces out.

Now, truthfully, it upset my mom more than it upset me. I was on drugs! I had no idea anything went wrong or that it took so long. I'm hoping that this is something that does NOT repeat with Acadia tomorrow! And either way, I really am nervous about being in the room with her. She said she would feel better if I was with her, so I'll definitely be with her (got a sitter for the munchkin) but I hope that doesn't mean I have to watch! Of course, if it was Ryan, he'd be watching and probably taking video. lol But not me. ;)

Oh, and in case you're wondering, No, I do not intend to tell Cadi about my "shattering" teeth. ;)

No comments: