Thursday, October 30, 2008

Trick or Treat... Take One

Tonight was our ward Halloween party.  We all had a really good time.  I made my sister's yummy chili recipe and it must have been good because I made a double batch, expecting to take home some leftovers, but all that was left was an empty crockpot!  lol

Our ward usually does a Trunk-or-Treat but this year they tried having it inside, letting people decorate small classrooms instead of their cars.  It was nice because we didn't have to worry about the weather (which was perfect, btw, but you never know how it will be) and none of the kids had to put on their coats so we got to see all of their adorable costumes. :)  There were so many people signed up to pass out candy that we didn't get a room - we had to take a space in the hallway between rooms!  But that's okay since we were last minute add ons; they weren't really expecting us.  (I was bad and didn't sign up since I couldn't be positive Ryan would make it.  If he hadn't been able to come, I was gonna forego hosting a room so I could take Rori around trick-or-treating.) 

Here are some pics of our fun night...

Ginny Weasley:
Ginny Weasley

Truthfully, I was still not sure what Rori was going to be, even an hour before the party.  I had a few costumes to choose from and so I narrowed it down to three and let Ryan decide.  He chose this...

The Little Red-Headed Mexican Girl:
Red-Headed Mexican Girl

Ryan decided to go as a Patriot and was going to wear his Welker jersey, but I told him to wear his Brady jersey, slap on his knee brace, and take his crutches.  So he did.  Here you have...

Tom Brady, out for the season with a knee injury:
Tom Brady with a knee injury.

I didn't really have a costume, and that was my plan.  Instead, I was festive.  You can't tell in any of the pics but I've got an orange/black french manicure, cute dangly pumpkin earrings, and I'm also wearing a Halloween scrunchy in my hair for when my hat was off. 

Just a festive "me".

This was a practice "Trick-or-Treat".  When the real trick-or-treating began, the lights were off, which was nice because I had a light in Cadi's spider jack-o-lantern and it wasn't showing up at all with the lights on.  Rori caught on right away and she was very cute; she even remembered to say "Thank you" everytime without having to be prompted.  I am beginning to wonder if my little hellion is turning into an angel?  lol

Trick or Treat!

Our friend offered to take a family pic and had us all say, "Daddy has smelly feet!"  To which, Rori turned to look at her daddy with smelly feet and Cadi started thinking, "Is it really okay to say this with him right here?", so we have this:

Our miss-matched Halloween family.

Like I said, we had a fun time!  And now we're all warmed up for the big night tomorrow! ;)

No comments: