Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Parable of the Butterflies

We had great talks today in church. Really great. One of the speakers told of some butterflies he observed on a very windy day. One was flying high and was tossed in the wind; it was not able to control where it went. The other flew close to the ground and would fly short distances at a time. This way it avoided the strong winds and was able to progressively move in the direction that it wanted to go.

Now, I have to admit, I had a hard time paying close attention in church today because Rori was being just a tad difficult. (Read: more than a tad.) But I loved this little image of the butterflies in the wind and it reminded me that even though sometimes we may think we want to just fly off and do our own thing, or see how high we can go, or "throw caution to the wind", the best plan is to stay on our course by keeping low, staying focus, and slowly moving forward one step at a time

No comments: