I have a very important tip when watching an epic film like Gone With The Wind...
When you watch the movie, watch the first half first!!! lol
Neither Aimee or myself had seen the movie or read the book and that's really the main reason why we wanted to watch it. So Aimee put the movie in and we were kind of taken back at how it started right away with no credits or anything. Then as the movie went on, a couple parts really didn't seem to make sense and we were wondering if they'd be explained later. We knew it was a four hour movie so near the end of the first half we were thinking, there are two more hours? What else can there be? (Who is left to die!?!?! lol) And next thing we know it says, "THE END"!!!
WHAT?!?!?!? Where's the second half???
Aimee mentioned that it could have been a two sided disc, so we turned it over, hoping there was a second part of the movie. Oh yeah, there was another part alright... The first part! Including credits! lol
We sure did laugh at ourselves for watching the end first. I laughed so hard, I was crying! lol
Wow, watching the first part made understanding the second part a bit easier. ;)
I have mixed feelings about the movie. It was a bit depressing at the end; I was sad for how it ended! I wanted everyone to be well and happy. But that's just me. ;) As for Scarlett herself, while she is definitely strong, her priorities were pretty messed up. But after I watched the second half, I could understand more of where she was coming from. She was still pretty selfish and even when she did the right thing, it was still usually because of an alternate reason. But still, she was strong and she did help her family when they needed it. The thing that gets me is that she had so much MORE potential. She was so beautiful and if she had only thought a little more about others (sincerely), she would have been just as beautiful on the inside. But she was alone on the inside and in the end, was alone on the outside too. I'd like to think that she went back to Tara, got it and herself straightened out, and that Rhett came back and they lived happily ever after. I don't know if that's what happened but in my head, that is. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment