Friday, January 11, 2008

And then, the rainbow.

Today I happened to be driving up the exact same stretch of I-5 at the exact same time as I had been yesterday when I saw the storm clouds that moments later had become a tornado. This time, as I looked up at the clouds (not nearly as many and much whiter this time), there was a beautiful rainbow! It was right over the city!


Ryan gives the NorthWest a hard time sometimes because of the rain. I guess if you go to work before the sun comes up and leave after the sun's gone down, you really wouldn't know if there had been sun that day or not. He views the period of time from October to April as 6 months of rain. And that is so not true! There is a lot of rain. But it is not everday and aside from the actual dead of winter, it's not even most days! We have so many sunny days, and I'm not talking about "bright" days where it's still cloudy but so bright that it hurts your eyes. I mean honest-to-goodness, blue-sky, sun-shining-down-on-you sunny days! And there are also RAINBOWS!!! Lots of rainbows! I've seen full double rainbows and once, I saw a triple (though they weren't all full)! I love the rainbows! And I really don't mind the rain. Sure, sometimes it's annoying but mostly, I really enjoy it.

I know that to the people who are dealing with a real big mess right now, a rainbow isn't going to make it much better. But it sure did make me smile. :)

No comments: