Journal Jar Question: Talk about your baptism. Where was it? How old were you? How much do you remember about that special day?
I was baptized a member of the Church or Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints when I was 8 years old. I remember the bishop interviewing me, I remember the questions he asked were really easy. Things like, Did I believe in God? Did I believe in Jesus Christ? Did I know what it means to be baptized?
We didn't have a font in our building - or even in our stake... we went to a different building to use their font. If I had known you could get baptized in the ocean back then, I probably would have made my family let me, lol. Hey - it was summer time! ;) But I didn't know that back then... so I was baptized in a font in a church. I remember the water being warm... I wouldn't have gotten that in the ocean!
I don't remember a lot about the baptism itself. I do remember that my parents had gotten me a new dress (or two) and I really liked wearing them afterwards. I also remember having a little party after the baptism, maybe like an open house? I remember we had to clean the playroom but I kind of made everyone else do it because it was my special day. What a selfish attitude... well the "clean slate" sure didn't last long I guess! lol
Now I am looking forward to next summer when Acadia will be old enough to be baptized. I can't believe that she is already 7 and will be 8 in less than a year! She is excited for it and I am so proud of her. It is amazing for me to realize that she has grown so much and is now becoming old enough to be responsible for her choices. It's fun to see her learn about the Gospel, to see her begin to develop her own testimony of things. She is such a good girl and just wants to do what is right. I think I'm pretty lucky to have her. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment