As we prepared for Aurora's arrival, so many things went through my mind. I was often asked, "Do you think you'll have more kids after this one?" How am I supposed to answer that? Doesn't anyone realize how fortunate I feel just to have HER? And at that point, I hadn't delivered her - I wasn't about to "count my chicken before she hatched". I just wanted to get through the delivery and finally have my baby with me.
The moment she was born and they placed her on me, I could finally breath easy. And I was filled with so much love for this little person we had waited for all this time. She has such big, beautiful eyes and it was as if she had been waiting just as long to look at me. She just kept staring at me and she was so sweet!
While I was anxious to meet our little girl, I have to admit that there was a part of me that was very nervous too. I was worried about how I would feel seeing her after losing the other ones. I was afraid that holding her would remind me of how much it hurt to not have the others to hold. And there was a moment as I held her that I did think of them and it was a little bittersweet. But then I just looked into Aurora's perfect face and I was just so happy to have her. The past few days have been so healing for me. I love to hold Aurora and she has been such a good baby.
I feel so spoiled to have her. She's been too easy on me, lol. She sleeps so well, eats so well, and she's so dang cute! I love it when she laughs in her sleep. I know, I know... it's gas...*rolls eyes* ;)
I took a few pictures that I think are just precious. The first couple of from Ryan giving Aurora her first bottle...
The next few are of Acadia holding Aurora and playing with her...
No comments:
Post a Comment