Thursday, August 3, 2006

Shake, Rattle, and Roll

Early this morning we were enjoying a nice sleep, Aurora was in the middle of her 5-6 hour sleep (don't hate me because my kid is so wonderful)... and all of a sudden I was shaken awake! It lasted for several seconds and I could hear a rumbling noise. As soon as it ended, I said, "Ryan?"

R: "Yeah."

Me: "Did you feel that?"

R: "Yeah... What was it?"

Me: "I think it was an earthquake."

Sure enough... when I turned on the news this morning, there had been a 3.8 magnitude earthquake just a few miles north of here. Ryan says this is the first earthquake that he has actually felt. I have felt them in So. California but he was usually at work and probably too busy to notice them.

The news also reported a 4.4 earthquake near San Fransisco last night. But they are supposedly not related. Now of course, they are talking up 72 hour kits and pushing emergency preparedness on the news. :) Hmmm, where have I heard this before? I'm so glad that our ward has been really good about helping everyone get their 72 hr. kits and building their food storage. :)

No comments: