Friday, August 4, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Okay, I promise not to do this every week...But...

Aurora is one week old today! I can't believe it's been a week already. And at the same time, I can't remember NOT having her here... Okay, I do remember it, but I can hardly remember what it felt like not to have her in our family. She belongs here so well and we all love her so much!

She and I are both doing well. It is amazing to think about just what my body did one week ago. I was in a lot of pain for several days afterwards, but I'm starting to heal and I'm not on the heavy meds anymore. :D She is adjusting well to life in this crazy world. She still sleeps well, eats well, and rarely cries. Yep, we're pretty spoiled here. And I am anxious to see if that changes... lol.

It is fun to see the differences in Acadia and Aurora. Acadia screamed through her bath in the hospital, but was fine with them at home.... Aurora didn't make a sound during her hospital bath, but she has cried during her baths at home. Acadia had a hard time going back to sleep after feedings at night, but Aurora never has a hard time sleeping, lol. I'm sure there will be plenty more differences as they continue to grow. :)

We sure do enjoy having Aurora here. And I'm so grateful to have Acadia too. She is a great helper and it's so nice to have a big girl here to help me enjoy our baby girl. :D

No comments: