At dinner, the subject of Justin Bieber came up, followed closely by Acadia's absolute disdain for him. I asked her, curious, what it was that made her dislike him so much? His hair? His music? She said she just didn't like him - she doesn't think he's cute and she doesn't like his music.
So, I asked, just to clarify, if she still liked Jacob Black. She gave me that look... you know the one... the "DUH, Mom!" look. Of course she still likes Jacob Black and she proceeded to describe a poster of him at the Book Fair. I suggested maybe it was his dark skin that she liked. She answered, "No, C and C are white and not dark at all."
It took me a second to realize what she had just revealed. See, I knew about C #1. I did not know about C #2. "Wait, wait," I said, "Who is C #2?"
She began to look sheepish then said, "Um... He's Mormon, too!" Then she gave me a thumbs up. lol
She told me that he is in her science class, is in our stake, plays in band, and that he looks and sounds a lot like C #1, actually, but with more reddish hair. I asked what instrument he played in band and she paused, then with a funny grin said, "He's the only boy flutist in our grade!" I asked if he felt bad about that but she said he thought it was cool.
Cadi's friend was over having dinner with us and I kept saying, "Huh, I didn't know about C #2." To which her friend added, "Yeah, I didn't either! I knew about C #1, but not C #2." "Yeah, me too." To which Cadi said, "Well, everyone knows about C #1!" I asked, "Everyone?!? Does C #1 know about C #1?" She said that she doesn't know if he knows... but that he could. "It might be obvious... I do like to smack him a lot!"
lol Great.
"You 'smack' him?"
"Yeah, I am always kicking him and smacking him - lightly!"
"Um, why?"
"Because it's fun!"
Yeah, okay, I think I can understand that. lol
No comments:
Post a Comment