This year, I've stolen an idea from my mom and kind of tweaked it a little for our family. I share it because I know there are others who are always looking for new ideas for FHE. So here it is (or at least the plan, we'll see how it all goes down later tonight).
(We have paper ghosts already floating around our home, and five have taken up residence in our family room.)
What can you tell me about ghosts?
We are going to talk about a special "ghost" tonight, the Holy Ghost. How is the Holy Ghost similar to pretend ghosts? How is he different?
The Holy Ghost is a gift given to us from our Heavenly Father to help us. He goes by many names and he helps us in many different ways. Tonight, we are going to talk about five of the names he goes by and how it helps us. (After each scripture we'll have a short discussion on how this helps us and I'll ask if anyone wants to share an experience they've had. I've printed out each scripture, so we'll tape them to the ghosts in our room to help us remember that the Holy Ghost is our friend and he helps us in many ways.)
- Comforter (Romans 15:13)
- Protector (D&C 8:2,4)
- Teacher (John 14:26)
- Witness (Romans 8:16 and 3 NE 11:36)
- Revelator (2 NE 32:5 and Alma 5:46)
No comments:
Post a Comment