Thursday, September 23, 2010

Why procrastination is a bad idea.

I've been busy and lazy, so for the last couple of weeks I have delayed uploading some recent pictures I had taken. Pics of Rori at soccer, swimming, along with some pics I took/NEED for a project I'm working on for RS... Yesterday I took a couple more pictures of Rori at swimming. And then two minutes later, my camera died. Like dead. Dead as a door nail.

And because I had the memory stick in it that is not formatted, I can only access those photos while it is in the camera, not on my card reader. And now I cannot access the camera, thus, I cannot access the photos. Great.

I am hoping I have a friend who has a camera that uses this same kind of memory stick so I can access my photos using their camera. But in the meantime, no updated pictures for my blog.

I'm also planning on buying an inexpensive point and shoot camera to replace this one. This kills me though! I had already planned on buying a digital slr in another year or so. I am planning on taking photography classes when Rori starts kindergarten next year and I planned on getting a new camera either around then or as soon as we could afford it after the WDW vacation. I wish we could just buy the digital slr now. But I don't want to spend that much money when our vacation is already in jeapardy. :S

We are planning on getting a new camcorder (in leiu of Ryan and I exchanging anniversary and Christmas gifts) and I could postpone that one instead, but I think I'd rather have the new camcorder before the digital slr.

Why, oh why, couldn't my camera have waited just one more year to die? Bummer. Huh. I guess I wish that the camera had been the procrastinator, not me! ;)

No comments: