Thursday, September 2, 2010

Downside to school being back in session.

Actually, two downsides.

1. The alarm. It goes off WAY too early! lol Starting this year, the whole family is getting up by 6am to read scriptures before Ryan goes to work. In the past, none of us were up that early, but now that Cadi has to be ready for the bus by 7:30, it doesn't hurt for us to be up and going that early. And since nights can be hit and miss for Ryan and will be getting more busy for Cadi as she gets older, it works better to have scriptures in the morning. It's working well... but it is a lot earlier than we were getting up last week! lol

2. No more chores. It's all on me! Boo. I almost called out, "Cadi, the dishwasher needs to be emptied," but then remembered she was already out the door. Rats. I have to clean now? ;) She'll still have to keep her room clean and do her laundry, and occasionally I'll ask her to help with other housework, but during the school year, I don't assign regular chores. She gets to focus on school work, piano, violin, and reading instead. Especially now that she's in middle school ... and in Excel. It will be a much heavier load than she's had before.

But other than that, I'm excited for school to be back. Cadi loves to learn. We have a great school district and Cadi gets lots of different opportunities at school. I'm so glad she is learning violin - for free! ;) And we tend to prefer having a routine. If there's no routine, little gets done, but with a routine, it's easier to be efficient and consistent. Even if that means I have to do my own chores now. :P

No comments: