There are not many things that I do not like about living here. But blackberry bushes are certainly one of them!!!
I like blackberries. Yum! Blackberry milkshakes... MMMMMM!!!! But, you know how the devil tries to make evil things appealing? Yeah... blackberries. The blackberries make you think that the bush is a good thing, but do not be deceived!!! They are evil!!! Granted, as long as they are not on or near my yard, they are fine... but the moment one comes into my yard, CURSE THEM!!!
We've been infested by them since we bought this house. They crawl over both of our side neighbors' fences, under them, and sometimes through them! You can't get rid of them. When we cut them back and even when we dig them out, a couple of months later they are back! They are constantly trying to choke out whatever trees/plants we have along the fence and their thorns are nasty, they grab you when you're trying to walk by! We even had one branch grow over the fence, through a tree, over the pathway, and under the make-shift-awning in our backyard just in the last few weeks. It got all the way to our back door. I cut that sucker down today. lol
In fact, today I spent all afternoon ridding one fence line of the little (and not so little) buggers. I think I'll leave the other side of the house for Ryan. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment