Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday in Seaside

Before we went on our trip, I was watching the weather forecast and wasn't terribly surprised that it said we would be in the 60s and party to mostly cloudy the entire time we were going to be at the beach.  So I was very pleasantly surprised to find that to be completely and totally wrong!  It was gorgeous!  Everyday was bright, sunny, clear, and in the 80s!  It was perfect; warm enough to want to play in the waves but not too warm to make doing anything else uncomfortable. :)



We started Sunday with a devotional given by my aunt, Mary Jane.  After breakfast, I dressed my family and we took some family photos on the beach.  I was hoping to get a good one that we could put on our wall and forego the studio pics this year, but with the sun in our eyes, there was too much squinting and wiggling.  I am still glad we have the pics though!  And maybe I will still pick one to put on our wall. :)



While we did that, Alex went back to check on his crab traps and brought back more to cook up.  I steered clear of the house during that, as it filled with the smells of seafood, but everyone else really enjoyed it! lol



Most of the day was spent out enjoying the sun, sand, and surf!







(The following cool pics were taken with Alex's camera...)



That evening was another beautiful sunset!  Many of the group opted to eat dinner out on the deck to enjoy the gorgeous view.  The rest watched the sunset from inside... until the outside group decided to block the window!  Not nice guys... but it was kind of funny. ;)



After dinner, we gathered for a Family Home Evening (more on that later) and ended the night down at another bonfire on the beach.  This time, to liven things up a bit, Alex, Dustin, and Lily decided to entertain us by jumping over the fire!   (Again, these pics are coming from Alex's camera.)

No comments: