Thursday, May 22, 2008

Nothing a good vampire story can't fix!

I was so frustrated last night after reading that spoiler! So as soon as I finished posting my blog post, I made Ryan ditch his Warcrack game so we could read some more New Moon. What a relief! I knew it was one thing that could totally take my mind off the whole American Idol thing and I was not disappointed. Those books are so great! I love how Ryan loves them too. After each chapter I look at him, expecting him to say it's late and we need to go to bed and instead he says, "One more chapter". lol So, New Moon did it's job last night and I feel much better now. :)

That said, I just want to add...

I really wanted Archuleta to win, I think he should have - and that's even when looking at it unbiasedly, I really thought he should win it. But I also knew that IF he wasn't going to win, it should be Cook (long before we got to the finals I was thinking that), and even after Tuesday night I knew there was a chance he would. But I totally expected it to be CLOSE. And I'm super suspicious since it wasn't.

And the thing about the phones... I have two different carriers. My home phone is Qwest and my cell is Verizon. So two completely different kinds of phones with two different carriers and neither phone has ever misdialed before, but both were having the same thing happen, so obviously the incorrect dial is totally done on the end of American Idol. That's what makes me mad.

However - I think Archuleta will do really well regardless. Just as I knew Cook would if Archuleta won. They both have a definite future. And I agree that it could work out much better for Archuleta to be in 2nd. He DOES have more say now and you know there will be plenty of labels waiitng in line to sign him - he can really choose what's best for him now. If he had won, he would have no choice but to do what AI wanted him to do. So... that makes me feel much better. :)

No comments: