So many people are going to laugh at me for this...
Today, for the first time in at least my adult life, I mowed the lawn. That's right. I've never (to my recollection) mown a lawn before. Perhaps when I was a teenager I did a couple of times - at the most. My brother was just a couple of years younger than I was but just as big, so if I ever did have to mow it, it was not long before that became his job. lol
However, with all of the jobs I have for Ryan to do right now, specifically the backyard, he has asked me to "help out" with the yardwork a little more. Yesterday was a nice day but we didn't have enough gasoline to do the job so Ryan picked some up for me after work and then showed me how to start the engine. After I put Rori down for her nap today, I swallowed my pride and pulled the lawn mower to the front yard. I had barely started when my neighbor pulled up on her way home from the store with her mouth hanging open in shock! lol She laughed with me and told me how to empty the bag and added that she was "proud" of me. lol I'm so pathetic!
But I did it!!! I mowed the lawn! Now if I could only find my gloves, I could go pull weeds as they are taking over the rose bushes. :S
No comments:
Post a Comment