UGH!!! Okay, so I accidentally witnessed someone slip a little and I got a very strong impression of how the results would be. They are on the East Coast so of course, they knew 3 hours before I would. I decided I didn't want to sit through two hours of fluff when all I really cared about is the end result. So, I cheated and read the spoiler on the internet. And thank goodness I did because if I had sat through 2 hours of them dragging it out only to hear that Cook had beat Archuleta, I would have been so mad! I'm glad I didn't waste my time and found out right away.
I am finding the American Idol results extremely hard to believe. David Archuleta was a favorite from the beginning and last night he totally STOMPED Cook! Even Cook fans were admitting that Archuleta should win it!
I have suspected for awhile that the producers favor Cook and I'm not the first one to voice that theory. If you look at the songs that they gave the contestants to perform last week, it's obvious that they wanted to make the others look bad and make Cook look better. They gave one of the WORST songs they could have to Archuleta and gave the perfect song to Cook. Archuleta sang his brilliantly, though it was still the wrong song to sing but he couldn't help that - he had no choice but to sing it.
Ryan was saying that on the radio they've been talking a lot about how the producers want Cook to win because he would be "more managable".
For the past several weeks, whenever I vote, I just put in the number and hit redial over and over again. REDIAL! Yet, many times I will get the voice saying, "Thank you for voting for contestant number ___" - and it was the wrong contestant! The time before was the right one, but after hitting "redial" and watching the numbers dial on my phone to be the exact same number that I had dialed before, I was being put through to the wrong contestant. Out of my hundreds of votes last night, at least a couple dozen ended up for Cook even though I had always hit redial.
I realize I am bitter right now. Honestly, if last night had been different, I would be able to accept Archuleta's loss as just the way America voted and it wouldn't really upset me. But after last night - I cannot see how it is possible for him to lose by 12 million votes. I don't buy it. I am starting to believe what others have been saying, I think it may very well be rigged after all. :S
No comments:
Post a Comment