But before I do, I must express sincere frustration at the fact that I had just spent an hour or more writing this post complete with lots of pics and BAM, power went out and I lost it all! GRRRR!!! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately - you decide, lol), that means you are gonna get a condensed version.
Vegas was a blast!!! It was so much fun hanging out with my VFriends!!! I'll post what we did and some pics too. Scroll over the pics to read more details. Also, you should know that I call some of these girls by their nicknames instead of their "real" names.
Rori and I flew into Vegas Friday around noon. There we met up with Stacey,Melissa (Lissagerl), Janna, and eventually AnnaMarie. Ann and Heather (Twins) live in Vegas and came to pick us up. The girls waited with Rori while I collected my bag from the luggage carousel. When I got back, they told me that a security person told them they had to move because you had to be 21 or older to stand near the slot machines. They told her that they were all over 21 and the lady said, "The baby!" Uh... okay... So, I guess there is a growing concern for gambling addictions in 3 month olds. lol
While we waited for AnnaMarie's flight to arrive, we took some pics.
We met up with the girls who drove in to Vegas: Morgan, Renae, Erin, and Loots and went to lunch. I forgot to take pics during lunch! Grrrr. We had a good time visiting and after lunch was over we headed to the house we were renting. There had been some false advertising with the house but after some discussion, we decided it was still a good deal and we were gonna have fun regardless.
Heather (Triscuit) joined us at the house (she also lives in Vegas). Some girls made a quick run to the store for groceries. And then several of them made up yummy chicken salad sandwiches for us to eat at TOFW.
Once lunch was taken care of, we got ready to head out.
We grabbed a bite at In-N-Out Burgers and had a blast just talking and laughing. I laughed so hard I cried and I told the girls that this alone made the trip worth it for me. lol Couldn't tell you the story behind that one though, it's a VFriend exclusive. ;)
Next we headed to the Bellagio Hotel. Erin took these pics in the elevator. They are a little blurry but I think they're still great so I'm posting them anyway.
The conservatory and chocolate fountain were cool but I'm not posting pics on that because remember, you're getting the condensed version. lol Poor Triscuit had a "fountain" of her own when she got a nose bleed and had to hide out in the restrooms until she got it taken care of. Once she joined up with us again, we went outside to see the water fountain show.
The next morning, we went to Time Out for Women. It was very good and we all enjoyed it very much. Unfortunately, AnnaMarie (who is 32 weeks pregnant) was really sick and needed to go back home. Twins took her. Later during the TOFW, a woman in the audience somewhat close to where we were sitting began having seizures. There were nurses in the audience who helped her until the paramedics arrived. While we all waited, Michael McLean (who was hosting) sat at the piano and played some "background" music for us. He even taught us a song... I think I've forgotten it already though, lol.
We had joined up with Sarah and Chrissi (also their mom and some friends) at TOFW. During the breaks, we got to visit a bit. During lunch, we headed outside to eat our super yummy chicken salad sandwiches. :)
One of the things that was awesome about TOFW was that so much of it was about sisterhood and friendships. They talked about how women need women and how we can strengthen one another and enrich each other's lives. We all wanted to just raise our hands and say "That's us! You're talking about VFriends!!!" It is hard to explain to other people just exactly what "VFriends" are. Most of us didn't know each other before we met on-line but within a few months we have become very good friends. We share so much with one another, good times and bad. So far I don't think there has been anything brought up in VFriends that there hasn't been at least one person who could relate to it. We have all benefited from our friendship in many ways. Some of us were talking about how much our friendships mean to us and we all feel that VFriends wasn't an accident. It was not an accident that we all met up this way. I know MySpace has a bit of a bad reputation, but I have to say that I am so grateful for it. I would never have met these wonderful ladies if it weren't for MySpace. I love my Vfriends!!!
After TOFW we went back to the house to change. AnnaMarie was still sick so she and Erin stayed home while the rest of us went out to eat. We ate at the buffet at the Luxor Hotel.
After dinner, we headed to the M&M Factory. Just as we got there, we got a call from Erin that AnnaMarie needed to go to the hospital. Triscuit rushed home to take her and on the way called some family members to go give her a blessing. We made our visit at the M&M Factory brief and headed back to the house. We were all worried about AnnaMarie and her baby. Fortunately, the baby was just fine and after a few hours of receiving IVs, AnnaMarie was much better too. She was able to go home early in the morning. Thankfully, her flight was for today, so she had a whole extra day to rest before jumping back on a plane.
But the rest of us had to head back home on Sunday. :(
Vegas was fun but the best parts were just hanging out with my friends. I felt so comfortable with them! When we were visiting with Sarah and Chrissi's mom, she asked us if there were any surprises... not really. We already knew each other. This trip has made me want to meet the rest of the Vfriends even more! We're already planning a visit in Utah next April and this time it will be one day longer because quite frankly, 2 days just wasn't enough!
I have more pics and you can see them all here. They aren't all labeled yet, still working on that. And I'm slowly adding some that I'm "stealing" from some of the other girls who were there. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment