Thursday, November 23, 2006

Touchdown!

Happy Thanksgiving!

This morning, Ryan was able to leave work and go play football with some guys from church. He had a fun time, caught a touchdown with a nice diving catch, and then had a major collision with someone that put an end to his fun. He hobbled home with a major headache, muddy and sore. He was in some serious pain. He took a bunch of drugs and laid down for awhile. Later, when it was time to eat, he seemed to be feeling better. :) But still sore. :( At least he had fun!

I cooked us up a Thanksgiving feast single-handedly. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to pull it off - I've never done a whole Thanksgiving by myself before. But as we sat down to eat, everything looked perfect and as we started eating, it all tasted great too! Whew! Now I know I can do it. :)

As Ryan was heading back to work, Cadi and I put Rori in her exer-saucer (sp?) for the first time. She seems to really like it! I took some pics but they aren't uploaded yet.

So, all in all today was great. (Minus for Ryan killing himself trying to play ball with the guys. He keeps forgetting that he's not in high school anymore. lol) We enjoyed our time together as a family, ate just the right amount where we were full but not painfully full, have enough leftovers to last all weekend long, and as soon as the dishes are done, Cadi and I just might start decorating for Christmas. :)

We hope your Thanksgiving was great too!

1 comment:

Sariah said...

Miriam commented 11/23/06:

Sounds like a nice holiday. We had a good Thanksgiving too. They pushed two tables together to make one big table so we could all sit together and it was really nice. The table looked fancy. Ruth made pretty beaded and stamped napkin rings and wineglass charms & Ruth and Tom even pulled out their (real) silverware. Of course all the food was good and we had a good time visiting & playing Cranium together.